Health & Wellness
School Counselors and Advisors are available to support you with Social and Mental Health Supports. Below are some additional resources for you to access independently:
- Managing COVID-19 Stress, Anxiety and Depression News and information about the spread of COVID-19 around the world is coming at us quickly. It can be hard to keep up and if you are keeping up on the latest, it can be even harder to remain calm given all that is going on.Stress, anxiety, and depression are not unusual for people of all ages. But there are things we can do as individuals and collectively to deal with stress and support one another during these challenging times. See here for information from the Government of BC.
- The Lower Similkameen Community Services Society has put together a list of supports during COVID-19. List available here. Supports for families, students and individuals include Food Support, Family Support Programs, Victims Services, Stop the Violence, Mental Health Support, and much more!
- The Foundry Penticton offers young people 12-24 access to mental health and substance use support, primary care, peer support and social services.
- The BCPA Covid-19 Psychological Support Service is designed to help any BC resident who is experiencing stress, anxiety, or uncertainty due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Online form available on BCPA website.
- BounceBack® is a free skill-building program designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered online or over the phone with a coach, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness.
- Teen Mental Health has resources for teens and parents to learn more about mental health and the supports available.
- Kids Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868 (on 24/7) (text option available: text CONNECT to 686868)
- Youthinbc.com - Online Chat Crisis Line (noon to 1 am)
- Suicide Distress Line - 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or online supports through https://crisiscentre.bc.ca/contact-us/